More than any other time of year, the summer months are always buzzing here at From the Hip Photo and we are ready for photo adventures! Wedding season is in full swing, plus our internship program is operating on all cylinders, with talented young photographers and students joining up with us for a few months. One of these summer interns is Julia. Let’s learn a little more about her and her recent west coast photo adventure!
Julia is a Colorado native who was born in Vail and grew up in Golden. After high school, Julia attended Colorado State University before transferring to the University of Colorado. She studied photography there and graduated in the summer of 2015.
After working the ski season in Vail, Julia embarked on a road trip from Colorado to northern California to visit with friends and family. Her travels spanned over 2,600 miles of solo drive time and (naturally) she took plenty of photos along the way to chronicle her journey.
Some of the highlights of this west coast photo adventure included:
- Driving the dazzling coastline along Highway 1, which greeted her with pristine Pacific waters, sea otters, crabs, and surfers performing their nimble dances atop cresting waves
- Walking the Santa Cruz boardwalk, with its vibrant colors and striking blue skies, in a state of pre-tourist season calm
- Enjoying the multitude of produce farms and dusty palette of Fresno to the east
- Eating delicious meals at the always delectable In-N-Out and drinks at the state’s many top-notch breweries #OmNomNom!
- Scoping out the Hoover Dam on her way home, especially the newly built bridge that spans the Colorado River between Nevada and Arizona – a great bucket list item!
Thanks to Julia for sharing her photos and interning with us! Take a moment and let us know where you’ve been recently!